Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby, let's make a run for the border...

I have abstained from Taco Bell for the almost nine months. At first, it was agonizing, driving by and hearing my name being faintly chanted "Diva, Diva stop and have some muy delicioso comida rapida! We miss you!" Then, it didn't really have that much of an effect on me. I could take it or leave it. After a while, I was too afraid to eat it because I thought it wouldn't be able to control myself and I would end up in a food coma with cheese and drool dripping down my chin and my eyes all glazed over. Finally, today I decided I would make a run for the border and confront my demons.

I started out making my game plan, which includes looking up all the food choices and figuring out what I might want to order so I can stay in my calorie count. I planned on eating a few crunchy tacos and some rice. Not too many calories and it would satisfy my border craving. It sounded like a plan.

I think everyone had the same idea I had today because the line to get into Taco Bell was about five miles long. Actually, that was just the line to get into the drive thru. I went in, to avoid the line, and walked right up to the counter. No waiting.

I ended up having Fresco Tacos, which are the fresher alternative to the traditional taco. I got my border fix and went back to work to eat in peace. My fresco tacos were tasty...although, I did miss the cheese...fresco tacos don't have cheese. I didn't go all crazy from eating it and it did satisfy my craving. I don't think I will be hitting the border as much as I did before I went all straight and narrow, but every once in awhile, it's okay.

However, I do have to say that Taco Bell has nothing on the tacos from Jack-In-The-Box. I love, love, love Jack-in-the-Box tacos. The only problem is we don't have Jack-in-the-Box here in the metropolis. I've only been to Jack-in-the-Box once last summer with my friend Kerrie. Once you've had a Jack-in-the-Box taco, you never forget how wonderful they taste. Kerrie knows my love of Jack-in-the-Box tacos and last week, she sends me a text taunting me "Sitting at Jack in box now!" Talk about torture....that was torture. It made me want to get in my car and drive to the nearest Jack-in-the-Box, which is about 222.19 miles away! I have seriously considered it a number of times.

I went and had my blood drawn today by the vampires....opps, the nice people at the lab today. It wasn't too bad. The worst part of it was taking off the band aid they put on my arm after the finished. I think I lost some skin because the band aids are so cheap they use some glue that is like permabond. Ripping that band aid off hurt worse than being stuck with the big long needle.

I am exhausted and I think it is time to go to bed. I have to pack up my bag and hit the hay. If anyone out there would like to send me some Jack-in-the-Box tacos, just let me know. I will be your friend forever! Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: