Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sorry, I've been on Hiatus

Sorry to all my loyal readers, I've been on hiatus since Friday. I went home to see my Mom for her birthday on Friday. I was so busy all day at work Friday, I think I sat down for about 20 minutes at my desk the whole day. I did get to eat lunch, which was nice. I had a chance to relax. We had a company wide picnic and I was able to eat lunch with my boss and the CEO. That was cool.

I hung out with my Mom Friday night and Saturday. We went to dinner Friday night and visited with some people I hadn't see in a long time. I slept late Saturday morning because I was wiped out. I spent much of Friday pulling materials to ship out to people all over the world, so I was really tired. After driving two hours to my Mom's house, I was really worn out. I needed to sleep in.

We spent Saturday in the pool and cruising around in the convertible...yes, my Mom has a convertible...that was what she bought when she had her midlife crisis...a pool and a convertible. When it came time for me to drive home yesterday, I was way too tired. I asked my Mom if she cared if I stayed another night. She was more than happy for me to stay another night. I think she likes the company.

I got up this morning and drove back. I was supposed to go to a sorority function today, but I was running late and by the time I got out of the shower, I had twenty minutes to get dressed, dry and fix my hair, do my make up and get in the car. I didn't want to be in the car anymore. I had been in the car for an hour and fifteen minutes this morning on my drive back and if I went to the function, I had to be in the car for another hour. I was too tired to do that so I just decided to stay home and I fell asleep on the couch while I had laundry going. I managed to get some rest and do laundry at one time.

I went to Mass tonight, too. I know, you are all jealous because my life is so exciting. Hahahaha! I sang the psalm response tonight. I didn't get to do that very often when I sing with a group because the whole point of singing with a group is that it is a group. After Mass, someone from the congregation came up to me and told me they could understand every word of the psalm without needing to look at the words and then he told me "Your voice, it's changed, it's different, it just seems to get better." I told him I had to give the choir director credit because she had been working with me on diction and mouth shape and tongue placement when I am singing. That totally made my whole day.

Tomorrow it is back to work. I have a lot of stuff to do this week. I didn't get through my whole list last week, but I don't have much left to do, just a few things. I like being busy. It makes the time fly. My days go so quickly, which is nice. I also really like what I am doing, so that makes the days go fast, too, I had a big meeting on Friday and found out I have a big part in an upcoming training we are holding in November. I am going to go to bed early because I am still really tired. I think I had too much weekend. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: