Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today was not my day....

Some days just aren't your days. You can't win them all, so when a day goes wrong, you just have to chalk it up to handling what life hands you. Today was not my day. I've had a lot of good days in a row, so I can't be too honked off. You can't win them all.

The day started off okay. I was able to drag myself out of bed and get to the gym. I did sprints today, so I alternated between walking and running. I felt like I worked hard and I was pleased with myself. I did notice after getting out of the shower I had a blister on my toe, the toe that always has a blister or a hunk of skin hanging on it. So, that's not really that big of a deal. However, I should have been tipped off when I nearly burned myself with the curling iron and I didn't really have a good hair day. I just couldn't get the right amount of volume in the crown. I am going to blame it on the humidity.

Work was okay today. I was busy. I actually got in ten minutes early so I could get some things done before it got too busy. I had about a million emails to respond to and things to organize. I like to utilize the quiet time when not too many people are in the office. I can get in the zone and accomplish a lot. I knew I wouldn't be at my desk too much because I had two meetings and a conference call.

First thing this morning, I sat down with my boss and went over a bunch of new employee items. I had a few questions about some things which had come up and I wanted to make sure I was on the right track. As we were going over things, she gets this email about the taping session we were attending later in the morning. They told us they were buying lunch and we needed to send our order. I tell my boss what I want and she emailed my order with hers. Simple. Done. No problem. However, I had some foreboding sense of impending disaster looming on the horizon. We will get back to that later.

I had a big taping session today that I had to attend. Basically, I watched and listened to someone give a speech we are taping so our Marketing/PR Department could put together PowerPoint presentations for this person to use when they go on the road to promote the company. It was a good speech. I learned things about the company. It was a win-win situation.

However, remember that foreboding sense of impending disaster looming on the horizon, well, it hit after the speech ended. The head of Marketing/PR looks at me and says "We can't find your lunch. Sorry. We have something else in the bag if you want it." Really, are you kidding me? How do you just forget to make sure you had all the stuff you ordered? Sorry? Sorry isn't going to produce a lunch for my hungry ass. Sorry isn't going to make my stomach stop growling. I guess I wouldn't have been so mad had they not stood around for thirty minutes during the speech checking all the bags, seeing that there was no order for me, when they could have done something about it. No, lets just wait until it's time to eat and then say "Sorry, no food for you." I didn't want whatever they had left in the bag because I had planned out what I had ordered, so I could know how many calories I was eating. Yes, I know I was being difficult, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

I left the building after the recording session and went to find food. I had to pick up a prescription from my doctor, so I had planned to leave work during my lunch time. Of course, I have to get behind the dumbest driver on the planet. You know the one who drives ten miles below the posted speed limit, won't get out of the left lane and when you get into the other lane, they somehow manage to get in front of you and make your life a living hell. I almost ran the guy over. I was in that kind of mood.

I almost got hit walking across the parking lot at the doctor's office. I am not joking. I managed to get into the building and back to my car without being struck by any idiot drivers. I considered going home for lunch, but I knew if I went home, I wouldn't want to leave. Not that I didn't want to go back to work, I was just bitter. I think my hormone levels are all screwy.

Anyhow, I did manage to get some lunch. I ordered a ham sandwich with only mayo on wheat. I get my sandwich and it had MUSTARD on it. I do not like mustard. At. All. I thought about just eating it, but I just can't do mustard. I had to take my food back and ask them to fix it. I just hope they didn't spit in my sandwich.

I got back to work and did a few odds and ends before my next meeting, which subsequently was held in a room whose temperature was only slightly warmer than Siberia. I was completely awake for that meeting, considering I had to keep moving so I wouldn't die from hypothermia. The only thing I could think was "I want this meeting to be over so I can go out to my desk and get warm."

The rest of the day was okay. Other than the fact that I lost part of a shipment for a customer. I think I accidentally sent it to someone else. I guess someone will be surprised to get things they didn't ask for in their educational material. Hopefully, they will learn a few new things.

I went to the doctor to find out what is wrong with me. There is a good possibility I have a thyroid problem. Woo Hoo! I am seriously hoping there is no problem because my aunt, who is a nurse, told me once you are on thyroid medicine, you are on it for the rest of your life. Yeah, not really something I want to sign up for. Take me off that guest list, merci! So, I am going tomorrow to have my blood drawn by the vampires, opps, I mean the nice people at the lab. Until next time, pray my thyroid is normal and all this stuff is in my head! Diva Divine

No comments: