Thursday, July 3, 2008

insomniac

My night owl ways are going to be my downfall. I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately. Part of the problem is I don't have a set daily schedule, so I know I don't have to be up and any place at a certain time. I might set my alarm but I turn it off and go back to sleep. I eventually wake up and get really mad because I have wasted the whole day. I try to stay busy during the day so I might be tired enough to go to sleep at a regular time. This doesn't usually work because I either fall asleep watching television and wake up at some crazy hour, like 11:00 and then I can't go back to sleep. It's a vicious cycle.

Last night, I was all ready to go to bed. I got into bed and tried to go to sleep, but it was in vain. I finally decided at 5:00 it was silly to try to go to sleep so I got up and went to the gym. I took my time and did some weight training and a little cardio. I thought I could come home and take a little nap because I was tired after my workout. I thought that was a plan.

Well, I got home a little after 7:00 and had a little breakfast, watched an episode of "Flipping Out" I had saved on my DVR and then I took a little snooze. I made sure to keep the television on so I wouldn't sleep for a million hours and be right back in the same boat I was in yesterday. I think I slept for about an hour and a half. I woke up because the people on the Today show were annoying and my back was hurting really bad. I think those squats I did aren't going to make my buns feel anything like steel! (You get bonus points if you know the movie from which the line "my buns don't feel nothin' like steel" comes from)

Now, I am trying to find something to keep me busy. I am failing miserably. I do need to go to the library...I totally forgot all about that!! Well, that will keep me busy for about fifteen minutes. I'd love to go swimming, but considering it is raining, I kind of think swimming is out. I also need to clean my house, which in theory could take the rest of my life, but who wants to clean when you could take a nap or find something else to while away the hours?

I am going to find something to keep me occupied. Here's to breaking the vicious cycle of insomnia. I better get back on schedule before next Thursday, because I don't think my new boss will like it if I have to take a little nap to make it through the day. Until next time, Diva Divine AKA insomniac

No comments: