Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Speed Racer!

I woke up this morning and went out to the kitchen for breakfast. That's when I realized I had left the cereal I bought Friday night at the grocery store in the car. I was hungry enough to trot out to the car at 8:30 in my pajamas. I have no shame, people. Seriously, nothing comes between me and food. Not even the threat of someone seeing me outside in my pajamas.

So, I walked out of my apartment and locked the door. Sure I was only running out to my car and back to my apartment, but you can never be too safe. I stepped away from my door to walk down the stairs and I hear what sounds like a race car. Okay, was I in the middle of a dream? Am I going nuts? Is my hearing going? I walked back to my door and then I realize where the noise is coming from...it was coming from Pothead Pete's apartment.

Pete was playing video games at 8:30. Pete thinks he is Speed Racer! Too bad he doesn't have Trixie at his side. Come to think of it, Pete does sort of have that Speed Racer look going on. He does drive a car that looks like a little race car. Maybe Pete is Speed Racer undercover, living right next door to me in my dumpy little apartment. I will continue to investigate and let you know what I learn about Pete, AKA Speed Racer Wannabe! Until next time, Diva Divine, Private Eye

UPDATE: It is now 10:45 and Speed Racer has been playing his little racing game all day. Seriously, he was playing when I went to the gym. He was still playing when I got back. He was playing when I left for work and I think he was still playing when I got home after work and dinner. I bet he will be tired from all that driving....Go Speed Racer Go!

No comments: