Friday, July 4, 2008

Vicodin is my friend, it can't be your friend too, I'd rather have it as my friend, than share any with you...

I am in pain. I am a big wuss and I don't handle pain very well. My back started hurting Wednesday and I thought it was just from sleeping wrong or from the race I did last weekend. Sometimes, it takes a few days for the pain to hit me after running and pounding my feet on the ground that much. Well, the pain only got worse yesterday and by last night, I thought I was going to die. Advil wasn't even touching the pain. It was time to pull out the big guns. When I talk about the big guns, I am talking about Vicodin.

Oh, how I love me some Vicodin. I keep a few on hand for times like these. Don't get me wrong, I'm no addict, but sometimes you are in pain and the only way to keep from going insane is to have a little Vicodin. I had some left over from a really bad kidney infection. I almost laughed at the doctor when she prescribed them to me, but when I had trouble sleeping that first night because my back hurt from my kidney's, I was grateful.

Last night, I was grateful again. I took one of my little Vicodin pals and slipped into my bed. I tried to get comfortable which was hard until the Vicodin kicked in, then I was feeling no pain. I drifted off to a nice sleep just before midnight.

I woke up this morning with very little pain. My back feels a little better, but now my legs hurt, which I am quite certain, is from lifting weights yesterday. I have been hanging out on the couch today, watching a Law and Order marathon. I've been popping some Advil, which has been effective in knocking the pain. I just hope I don't have to worry about taking any meds after today. I really don't like being on anything for more than a few days. I am going to keep hanging out here on the couch, chillin' like a villain and watching some Law and Order! Have a safe and happy July 4th! Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: