Saturday, July 12, 2008

How can I make her be quiet?

I had my hair cut today. I don't think I could have waited another day. My hair was out of control. It grows so fast in the summer six weeks is almost too long to wait between cuts. I decided to have a pedicure yesterday because my feet looked awful. I was embarrassed because my feet looked so awful. So, today was my "day of beauty."

I usually go to the "chop shop" to get my pedicures because they do a good job, they are fast and I can just sit in the chair, read a magazine and relax. When I have a pedicure, I don't want to sit and talk to someone or answer their questions. I want to relax and just veg out. When you go to the chop shop, they let you relax, read your magazine and get a good pedicure. I tend to leave a really good tip for someone who just lets me sit there and almost fall asleep. The whole idea of going for a pedicure is to relax.

This was not to be today. The pedicurist at the beauty shop was a little too chatty. Seriously, so chatty that I really wanted to tell her to shut up because she was ruining my relaxing day. She asked me all about myself, but never let me answer her questions because she would interrupt me. It was annoying. I just wanted to sit back in the massage chair and fall asleep, but Chatty Cathy wouldn't let me. I could have kicked her with my feet, but I wanted my pedicure, so I refrained from having a "muscle spasm" in my calf.

After listening to Chatty Cathy, I thought I had been saved when Kevin, my eyebrow guy, came into the pedicure room. I wanted to somehow communicate to Kevin "How can I make her be quiet??" "Can you make her shut up?" But, Chatty Cathy wouldn't shut up and just work on my feet so I couldn't get that idea across to Kevin. So, I was left with Chatty Cathy running off at the mouth and driving me crazy. I couldn't wait to get out of there because I just wanted some peace and quiet.

I came home and took a nice nap. I am so tired and I can't seem to catch up on my sleep. I had a very hard time getting up this morning because I was just wiped out. I am going to sleep in tomorrow and see if that doesn't help me out a little bit. I have to be ready to go back to work Monday and get to work on my big project. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: