Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm a big, lazy heifer

I have been exhausted the past few days. I'm not talking just being tired, I'm talking about being lethargic. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I have been pushing myself to keep going and today, I just couldn't push anymore. I woke up at 5:00 and went to the bathroom, thinking I would just go back to sleep until 5:30. Well, the alarm went off at 5:30 and I turned it off and went right back to sleep. I didn't wake up until 5:45 and I just couldn't get myself out of bed. I kept telling myself "GET YOUR LAZY ASS OUT OF BED AND GO TO THE GYM" but I just couldn't move. I kept trying to get up, but I just couldn't do it.

After doing this for almost an hour, I finally decided I would just stay in bed until 7:00 because I just couldn't get up and there wasn't enough time to go workout anyhow. I completely sabotaged myself this morning by not getting up and going to the gym. Did it really do anything for me to stay in bed for that extra hour and a half? No, not really because it wasn't a restful sleep. I should have gotten up and gotten to the gym.

I spent most of the day feeling so tired. Lethargic. I just wanted to go to sleep. It was awful. I kept thinking it was because I didn't go to the gym. I always feel better when I go to the gym. I sat in a conference call this morning and tried to not yawn and nod off. This afternoon, I sat through another meeting and did the same thing. I take tons of notes so I can keep my mind engaged and then there is less of a chance I'll yawn and nod off. It has nothing to do with what we are discussing in the meeting, if I am tired, I will yawn and nod off.

So, I went to the doctor for a weigh in after work. I was afraid to get on the scale because I just felt heavy. I was right, I had gained weight. I don't know what my problem is, but the scale is going up, not down. I have been working out and trying to eat right, but the last two times I have been to the doctor, I have gained weight. The first time, we just thought it was water, but now, we don't know. I am completely bummed. I thought maybe I had gained some muscle mass, maybe that is why I have gained weight because muscle weighs more than fat, but I don't know if that is the case. I think my body is completely messed up. I am just a big, lazy heifer.

After my rude awakening at the doctor's office, I came home and took a nap because my head was pounding. After my nap, I got up and had dinner and I've been just vegging out. I should have gone out for a walk, but I am sitting here on the couch on my lazy ass. No, I am not helping myself here. I have to make myself get up in the morning and work my lazy ass off at the gym. I have to get this weight off...like yesterday. I'm taking my lazy heifer self to bed. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: