Friday, July 11, 2008

What do LPN's do?

Today was the second day at my new job and I had another really good day. I love the freedom I have working in an office. I can get up and go to the bathroom when I want, go get a drink when I need one, I can get up and move around when I get restless. It's awesome. I worked on a big document today, one of my first big projects, which needs to roll out soon. When it started to make me crazy, I just got up and walked around the office, went and looked out the window, took a bathroom break and then went back to work. Seriously, I took a five minute break and it totally made a huge difference. In teaching, there were no five minute breaks, no go walk around and clear your head, no going to the bathroom without interruption. I seriously don't know how I did it for 11 years.

I had to work my part time job at the Nursing Home this afternoon, too. I was tired, but the job is so easy, I knew I would be okay. I actually took work from my other job with me and looked over things between phone calls. I like the job at the nursing home because it's not stressful and it is sort of enjoyable. Basically, they pay me to sit and make sure people get to the right floor to see the residents, answer a few phone calls and make a few copies here and there. Yeah, not too hard.

So, I get this call today from a young girl. She sounded young. I could also hear a baby in the background. The girl asks me "Where are you located?" I tell her, giving her not only street names, but also landmarks. Then, she asks, "What jobs are on the board out in front of your building?" Okay, if you didn't know where we were, how did you know about the job board we have in front of our building? ESP? Telepathy? I told her we were looking for RN's and LPN's. Then she asks, what do LPN's do? Okay, if you don't know what LPN's do, you can't be one. I explained an LPN is a licensed practical nurse, which, you need training for and a license, hence the term, licensed practical nurse. I gave her a few of the tasks an LPN would do, and I kept telling her "you have to have training and a license to be an LPN." I don't think she go it.

Now, it's time to go to bed. I am worn out from my exciting week. I am still sleep deprived from staying at the hospital. I am going to sleep tomorrow morning and then I am going to get my hair cut and colored, my brows waxed and I am getting a pedicure because my feet look like a hot mess. I can't wait to have someone fix my janky feet. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: