Thursday, July 10, 2008

Amazing Day

So, I started the new job today. I haven't really had time to worry about the unknown, as far as my job goes, because I have been busy worrying about my Mom and her surgery. She had a partial nephroectomy. (In normal lingo, she had a tumor removed from her kidney) I think it was a good diversion. Not so good of a diversion for my Mom, but it gave me something else to worry (obsess) about. Anyhow, I came home last night wiped out from being at the hospital since Tuesday. I am surprised patients at the hospital ever sleep because people are constantly coming in and out doing this or that, checking something, doing whatever they need to do. I probably slept 25 minutes total Tuesday night. I did manage to take an hour nap during the day yesterday, so that brought me to a grand total of 1 hour 25 minutes of sleep. Obviously, I was really ready for some sleep. I had enough time to get all my stuff packed for the gym this morning, pick out what I was wearing to work and fall into bed.

So, I woke up this morning and something felt odd. First I thought it was the fact that I was actually awake at 5:00, then suddenly, as I was brushing my teeth, I figured it out....after 114 days, my tongue wasn't numb anymore!!!!!! OMG! Finally! It's about time! I have bit it so many times I have a little spot that is hyper sensitive, but other than that, it's normal!!! Hello, can you say, best day ever?? It's like better than Christmas, and almost as good as my favorite holiday, St. Patrick's Day!

I trot my happy, non-numb tongue self to the gym after this amazing development. Yesterday my amazing trainer, Andi, gave me a new circuit workout to use at the gym. I believe she must have ESP because I was going to tell her when I went in to see her, I needed some new challenges at the gym because I have gotten bored with what I have been doing. I do my new circuit and it was amazing! Loved it! Honest to blog! Seriously, not joking, the workout kicked my butt and I was loving it. Kudos to Andi!

So, after my amazing workout, I had time to run to the hospital to see my Mom before work. I found out on the way to the hospital, the doctor had decided to release her today! Not expected, so another great thing to add to my morning. I manage to get to the hospital with enough time to get breakfast and sit and visit with my Mom. Oh, by the way, the cafeteria has really good fresh fruit for breakfast...very tasty! Again, fabulosity!

I had breakfast with Mom and I went to my new job. I get there on time, get a good parking space, and I was so excited. I get into the lobby and on the huge monitor there is a message that says "Welcome Diva Divine" the non-profit equivilent of sky writing or a billboard. Like ROCKSTAR! Total Diva Fashion! Spectacular! That's all I have to say. Spec-tac-u-lar!

Then, disaster struck. I looked in my purse and my phone was gone. Missing. AWOL. My phone has my life in it. It is an appendage. I don't know people's phone numbers because they are in my phone. I thought it had to be in my car, so I went back out looking for it...nope, not there. I was completely paniced. I thought I left it in my Mom's room at the hospital. I called my phone from my office, thinking if it rings my Mom will pick it up. I call, no one answers. I call again. No answer. I wait a few minutes and call again. I thought my Mom might be in the shower or taking a walk around the hall. I called her room and she answered. No, my phone was not in the room. I was offically in panic mode. Mom says, "I'll call your phone from my cell and see if someone answers it." Okay. When my Mom calls my phone, her name pops up...if someone had my phone, and they wanted to get it back to the owner, you would assume they would pick it up if it said MOM calling. So, she is calling and SOMEONE ANSWERS THE PHONE!!!! Oh, thank you sweet Jesus. My life is not over because I have my phone. I can be on time for meetings and appointments, I can call people, I can function normally! Seems I dropped my phone in the parking lot at the hospital. Someone found it and turned it in to Security. Crisis averted. Amazing Day saved.

The rest of the days events were a blur. I had flowers on my desk this morning when I came in! I had a basket of goodies! It was like Christmas in July! I met every person in my office, except those gone to a convention and those on vacation. I went to lunch with my team. I even did some work! I know, novel concept, working at work! Totally cool! I love the fact I can go to the bathroom without having a line of children waiting on me or rushing to get done with lunch because I had to get back to class. Yeah, I think I am going to like my job! I think I might like working in the non-school world. My boss asked me at the end of the day "Are you completely overwhelmed? Are you coming back tomorrow?" My reply was "Surprisingly, I am not overwhelmed and yes, I will be back tomorrow!" She said she hadn't done a good enough job scarring me. She would have to work harder on that tomorrow. I think after teaching for so long, not too much could really scare me.

So, today was amazing, or as I would say, Uh-May-Zing! I loved the commute home...it took me all of 7 minutes to get home...in 5:00 traffic! Hello! WOO HOO! The best thing, no papers to grade! No parent emails to return. No grades to enter. I can just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet. I think I might go read a book. I might go pack my bag for tomorrow. I can go to bed early. The possibilities are endless. I am going to go enjoy my peaceful evening and get ready for tomorrow, and hopefully, more fabulosity. Like I said to my Mom, don't think I am going to miss teaching at all and if I do get a little nostaligic for it, there is always Sunday Morning Religious Education to teach! Sounds like a plan. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: