Thursday, August 7, 2008

We still don't know what's wrong with you

I went back to the doctor yesterday to find out why I am tired all the time. I went to the lab last week and they drew my blood to check my thyroid, they also ran a CBC and a basic metabolic panel. I had been waiting since Friday to hear from the doctor, but with all the excitement of Friday, I sort of forgot about it until Monday. Then, they couldn't find my test results and when I called on Tuesday, they still couldn't find them, so then it was almost Wednesday so I just waited until I went in for my appointment.

Good news, I don't have thyroid disease. In fact, my thyroid is functioning better now then it was in December when I had my initial blood work done. There was nothing abnormal with my blood work at all. That was very surprising to me since I had felt so tired for so long. I figured there would have to be something in my blood work that would act like a neon sign saying "This is what's wrong with you!!" Well, that's not what happened. On paper, I look like the picture of health.

Thankfully, the doctor didn't just stop with the blood work, but she also did an analysis of my food diary. That's where she thinks she found the answer. I am protein deficient. I don't eat enough protein every day to keep my body going, so I get tired and feel like I want to crawl into bed. It seems that because I exercise as much as I do, you need more protein than the average Diva. Good to know.

So, I am a protein loading Diva. I think I ate about every two or three hours today. I feel a little better, but I think it will take some time before I see significant changes. I still took a nap this afternoon when I got home. I didn't sleep as long as I did last night. I have to work tomorrow night, so I won't get to take a nap, so I better get it in now. I am actually ready to go back to bed. I am still tired. I should get my stuff ready for tomorrow and get in bed. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: