Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm just sitting here gnawing on a chicken leg

My protein loading seems to be helping my energy level. I haven't been as tired. I have to eat about every three hours to keep my body going, but that's not bad. If it keeps my energy level up and makes me feel better, then I'll keep doing it. I joke that I have to sit and gnaw on chicken legs to get my protein, but that's what it sort of feels like, I am always eating something or thinking about eating something. My day revolves around food and getting enough of it at the right time.

Friday I was sitting in my little cubicle when my phone rings. It was the next President of our organization asking me where his PowerPoint for his upcoming trip were at. I told him I was trying to get in touch with my boss to figure out what was happening and who was supposed to be writing the PowerPoints. Well, that was not the answer he wanted and he got nasty with me. Looking back, I should have told him "Writing your PowerPoint presentations is not my job! So why don't you go and yell at someone else!" But I couldn't think that fast on my feet and I think that would have only made him madder. Anyhow, I hate when people think I am supposed to do something and it's not my job to do and then I just look dumb when it doesn't get done. Mr. Meanie Pants President made the Diva cry. I think I should kick him in the shins tomorrow for making me cry.

So, long story short, I spent all day Friday working on his PowerPoint presentation and I didn't get any of my other stuff done. I had to drop everything so I could appease Mr. Meanie Pants President. I have also spent time this weekend working on these things for him. I hope he likes his PowerPoint presentations I did because if he doesn't I will tell him next time he can do them himself! It's hard to write a PowerPoint for someone else because it is not my material. I had to go by the notes I had, the information I had gained by watching the video taping, and the printed materials we distribute. So, something that would normally only taken me an hour took me about 8 hours because I had to think how Mr. Meanie Pants President would state the information. It has been a big clusterfuck.

Tomorrow, I am supposed to meet with my boss to go over what I have done. I figure as long as there is stuff there for Mr. Meanie Pants President to look over, then I am doing okay. I didn't have time to make it look all pretty with pictures, but I can do that later. I just wanted to get the content in there and worry about the "pretty" stuff later. I dare Mr. Meanie Pants President to say anything to me tomorrow because I will unleash the Diva on him. (Okay, probably not, but I can talk a big game.) Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: