Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vengeance, sweet vengeance

I went to get my haircut today. Before you get all technical, I had all my hairs cut, not just one. Yes, I am a smart ass. Better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass. If you recall, the last time I went to have my hair cut, I had a pedicure as well and it was a less than stellar experience. The pedicurist wouldn't shut her mouth, she offended me by making a comment about my hair cut and the pedicure wasn't the best one I've had in my life and I have had a lot of pedicures in my life. I had something to compare the experience to.

So, back to my story. I went to get my hair cut and I had decided to tell my stylist how offended I was by the pedicurist the last time I was in the salon. She just really rubbed me the wrong way. I expect if I am paying for a service, I should not have to be offended. She had to be told you don't treat customers that way, especially someone who has been a customer for several years. I am known for tipping well and I have never been dissatisfied with the service I have gotten, until six weeks ago when Chatty Cathy had to be a total byotch and ruin the perfect record.

I had it all worked out in my mind how I was going to tell my stylist that Chatty Cathy had offended me the last time I had been in and that he really should talk to her about her client interaction skills. Well, when I went in Chatty Cathy was just lounging in one of the chairs, chatting to someone who was getting their hair cut.... imagine that! I couldn't tell my stylist about her while she was sitting there. Ah! Chatty Cathy is like that pimple that won't go away!

I thought I would tell him after he put the color on my hair, but when I went to sit down and wait for my eyebrow wax, she was still hanging around. I was sitting there, reading a magazine when she has the audacity to come up and ask me if I wanted a manicure or pedicure while I was waiting. Are you f-ing kidding me?? Seriously, I should have just busted her balls right there, but I decided to be a grown-up and politely say "no." Then, my stylist and my eye brow guy, come back to the desk and start talking. I was going to go back and talk to them, since they own the salon, but then Chatty Cathy, like a bad cold, wouldn't go away.

I really was engrossed in my magazine and I could hear them talking. It didn't sound like it was going too good. Ha! I thought, Chatty Cathy is getting in trouble. She gets done talking to them and walks off. I went back to get my brows waxed and I decided it might be the only time I could be free of Chatty Cathy, so I decided to tell my eye brow guy.

I sit down in the chair and I tell my eye brow guy how Chatty Cathy offended me the last time I was in and how I didn't think I would be coming back to get a pedi from her anytime soon. Then, he drops a big bomb on me and says "Yeah, you won't have to worry about that anymore, because we just fired her!" What?? Chatty Cathy got fired because she just sucked! Actually, she didn't do what they asked her to do and she didn't do her share of the work, so Chatty Cathy got the boot! Bye-bye Chatty Cathy! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

So, I didn't have to feel bad about telling how mad Chatty Cathy had made me and possibly getting her in trouble because she cooked her own goose. No more being told "Well, that's an interesting hair cut" or having someone talk the whole time they are giving me a pedicure. Bye-bye Chatty Cathy, nice knowing ya....not!! Until next time, Diva Divine

BTW, my hair looks fierce!

No comments: