Monday, August 11, 2008

People can't read and today was not my day... well, that's not entirely true

The day didn't start off so good. I went to the gym, I had a good run, but when I was standing in the shower thinking about what I could eat when I got to work, I realized I hadn't brought any food. I totally forgot to bring my food. I knew I was forgetting something when I left the house, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I debated whether I should go home and get my food before work, if I should go home at lunch or if I should just go out and get something at lunch. This caused another disaster. I was so distracted by the food thing, I burnt my forehead with my curling iron. It looks great. Nice big red burn mark on my forehead. Good thing my hair covers it up. Otherwise, I might have just gone home.

I got to work and I had to get the PowerPoint presentations for Mr. Meanie Pants President in the correct form, with the right fonts and try to make them look all pretty. I did some of the stuff I had to neglect on Friday and then I went about fixing the PowerPoints. My boss tells me, "Some of the slides are a little too wordy and need to be cut down." Okay, whatever, I worked about three hours on this over the weekend, I gave up getting my nails done so I could do this and now it's not good enough. I should have gone home. However, we were able to hold off having Mr. Meanie Pants President from coming in because my boss told him she wanted to go over the presentations before he got them.

I decided since my day had been so craptastic, I would schedule a pedicure for my lunch hour. I called the nail salon and they said they could schedule me. Woo hoo! Something was going to be good about today after all. I was not completely right. I get to the nail salon and I tell them I made an appointment. They were not busy at all. They had two people working and four customers including me. I figure since I a scheduled an appointment, they would get to me soon. No, that assumption would be incorrect. I sat there for 20 minutes before they started on me. Hello! Why did I even call for an appointment? It didn't cause them to work on me any faster. It's a good thing my boss never gets back to work on time at lunch because otherwise I would have been in hot water.

I worked like a mad women the rest of the afternoon, getting things out to people and answering emails. It made the day fly by so fast. I had nice toes again. I had energy. Even though I had to go to my second job I figured the day wasn't as bad as it could have been. I decided to see if I had any messages on my phone and there was one from the apartment complex I had applied to last week. I had been waiting and waiting to hear from them. Good news, I got the cool new apartment. I am going to be moving in October. I can't wait.

I went to my second job after my real full-time job. When I was there on Friday, they were installing a security system that requires visitors to buzz into the building all the time and then to use a code to leave the building. People are not very smart and they didn't understand the notes that are up on the wall or the loud buzzing sound and the inability they have to open the door. They just keep yanking on the door, thinking it is going to open if they keep yanking hard enough. Hello, dumb asses, there is a note there for a reason, read it and follow the directions. No, people can't read and it doesn't matter how you write the notes and if you put them right in front of their faces, they don't heed the words you write. It made me want to beat the people because they were too damn dumb to follow directions. They just want me to beat them. I swear.

So, that has been my day. Dealing with dumb people who can't read and Meanie Pants President, and slow nail people and everything else. I swear, people just want to irritate me. I have to remember not everyone is an idiot, I just encounter more of them on a daily basis than most people. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: