Thursday, June 19, 2008

I won't have to start dancing....at least I don't think I will

Good news people!! I got a new job today. I had an interview last Friday with the large non-profit I had interviewed with before. This time, it was for a different position. I wasn't sure how the interview had gone because I am really bad at reading those situations. I did feel a little better because I didn't have to wear my suit. Since I had interviewed on Friday, and everyone in the office was dressed down, the person who interviewed me said there was no reason to be so dressed up. I took my own bottle of water into the interview as well. I did consider adding a little vodka, but I didn't think that would have been a good idea. I was the last person to be interviewed, which I think could have helped me. I made sure to send my thank you email as soon as I got home, too. I wanted to leave a good impression as they went in to make their decision. I knew they were deciding who to hire that day, so I wanted to keep my name fresh in their minds. I guess it must have worked because they called me today and offered me the position. Woo hoo, go Diva!

I start my new job July 10th. This means I won't have to start dancing at Leggs Dungeon Lounge or Babes. At least I don't think I will have to start dancing. I really hope I don't have to start dancing. I don't think anyone would want to see me dance and I doubt they would pay me either. I would be a failure as an exotic dancer. It's probably best that way because I doubt any non-profit would want me to work for them if I had been an exotic dancer. Yeah, I better stay away from the dance floor. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: