Friday, June 13, 2008

Emails from Sarah....

My friend Sarah works as a nurse, so she keeps some odd hours. She sends me emails when things get slow on the floor. This is just an example of our email correspondence...

Email from Sarah after reading the blog:
Date:Thu, 12 Jun 2008 3:31 am

Hey Diva,

If you decided to work at Disney World you will probably have a frequent house guest. ME ME ME!! I am sorry the job hunt isn't going so well. You could come and work at the "Shit Pit" but why would you want to do that? Alright got to go. Talk to you soon.

Sarah

My Email blast to about a million people in my address book:

Subject: I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up.....
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:37:44 -0400

I think I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. I want to work at Disney World as Minnie Mouse. I mean Disney is the happiest place on earth and I think it might be fun to dress up like Minnie and make little kids happy. I might take the gig as Daisy Duck, but I bet Minnie makes more money than Daisy. I have it all figured out, I will work as Minnie and have my own "Paint Your Own Pottery with Minnie" at Disney. It will be a blast.....I could paint lots of pieces with polka dots and use lots of red, white and black. I could paint pieces like the one below....sorry, no red, white and black polka dots in this one, I painted it before I had my epiphany about being Minnie. Enjoy! Diva, soon to be known as Minnie

P.S.-Sarah R...do not tell MaryJane about this piece....It's her wedding gift...a month late....but a wedding gift.

Response from Sarah:
Sent: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:38 pm
Subject: RE: I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up.....

My lips are sealed but only if you promise I can visit you lots if you get a gig a Disney.

Reply to Sarah:
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:42:13 -0400
From: Diva Divine

I would let you bunk with me at the castle if I ever get to be Minnie. I would even arrange for Mickey to come and visit you:)

Sarah's response:
Date:Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:28 pm

Maybe I would bring my own Mickey, then you wouldn't have to share.

My reply to Sarah:
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:31:24 -0400

Hahaha. I think there is more than one Mickey at Disney so we would not have to share.

Sent from my iPhone

Sarah's response:
Date:Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:07 am
Can I have Captain Jack Sparrow instead?

My reply to Sarah:
Date:Fri, 13 Jun 2008 8:11 am
Sure, whatever your wish is, I will grant it.....Minnie

After reading these emails, I realize both of us have too much time on our hands. I don't know if I will ever make my goal of working at Disney as Minnie Mouse. I think I would like to work on the Disney Cruise Line. That would be even better than working at Disney World. You could see the world, travel to sunny places, meet lots of people. That would be the life. Perhaps I should check into that right now? I will keep you updated. Until next time, Diva Divine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna a job where I can lay in the sun too!!

--Just a freesing penguin--