Monday, June 23, 2008

I did it because I am crazy...

I have been very tired since my 11 mile walk on Saturday. I didn't get home until almost 2 a.m. Sunday morning, so I was worn out. I had to drag my butt out of bed yesterday at 11:45, just because I felt so guilty about sleeping so late. I ended up falling asleep on the couch for at least an hour later in the afternoon. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to peel my butt off the couch and shower so I could make it to 6:00 Mass last night. I got home from Mass and fell asleep on the couch again! Then, of course, I couldn't get to sleep last night to save my soul. I hate when that happens, because it messes up my sleep schedule so much.

I made myself get up this morning at 6:30. Even though I had only gotten about 2 and a half hours of sleep. I watched some news, loaded the dishwasher, and messed around on the computer. I thought I would take a little nap and then get up and go to the gym. I did fall asleep for a little while, but my Mom called and I had to get up. I guess it was for the best because otherwise, I would have slept all day and been in the same boat I was in last night.

I have to sing at a carshow Saturday and I vaguely remembered there being a 5K run/walk early in the morning before the event. I asked my Mom if I was dreaming that up or if I actually did know what I was talking about. She said there was a run that morning and somehow, she talked me into entering. I swear, I only did it because I am crazy. (and she said she would pay my entry fee...hey, I'm poor and if she wants to pay the $10.00 fee so she can see me run, I'll let her.)

I decided I better go to the gym and get some training in this week. I really would like to run the entire course. I decided I would make myself run for 30 minutes straight. I did it, actually, I ran for 35 minutes, but when I run on the treadmill, I run slower than I do outside, but I will run the entire time. For some reason, when I get outside, even though I run faster, I feel like I can't run the whole time and I end up walking some. It makes me feel like a big dork because I can do it, but just because I don't have the treadmill keeping me at a constant pace, I doubt myself. I ran today for 35 minutes because I am crazy. I was a hot sweaty mess. I know all the people at the gym thought I was beautiful and they all want to be like me. Hahahaha! I am sure they would like to look exactly the opposite of me.

So, this week I will be training for the run this weekend. I am only doing this because I am crazy. Just remember that, I am crazy. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: