Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oh, Yeah!!

I had my phone interview with the large, international non-profit yesterday. Let me tell you, phone interviews are the way to go. Seriously, who wouldn't be comfortable when they are sitting in their bathrobe? Yeah, I think all interviews should be phone interviews, people would be a whole lot more relaxed and probably give better answers. Go phone interviews!!

Anyhow, I thought the interview went well. I felt like I did a good job answering the questions. I think I impressed the interviewer with all the facts I knew about the non-profit. I did my homework. I thought I had a really good shot at getting a second interview. I felt if they were intrigued enough to call me for a phone interview, then they must think I was a contender.

The entire interview lasted over 30 minutes, which I thought was a good sign. It wasn't too long, but not just a few minutes. I felt good when I was told they wanted to set up second interviews for next week. That meant wouldn't have to wait days and days to see if they were going to call me back or if they had made a decision. I hate waiting around for a call, especially if it's not good news. Just tell me immediately instead of keeping me holding on. That's agony.

I sent my thank you note after my interview, and I asked if a second interview for next week. I figured the worst they could say was "no". For so many years, I played it safe when I interviewed and it got me no where. I figure that didn't get me anywhere, so why not push it a little and see what happened. Well, it worked, because I have a second interview next Thursday!!! Oh, yeah!!

So, keep your fingers crossed! It would be great to have a new job this time next week! Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: