Thursday, May 22, 2008

Craptastic Television at its best!

I love me some craptastic television. I will not deny the fact I can become addicted to a show or two....case in point, The Real World. I was an avid viewer of seasons 1-17...I feel a little ashamed of that now that it's in print. There was a time when I wouldn't go anywhere on Tuesday nights so I could watch the episodes. How many Real World Marathons have I watched? Too many to count. I've never really been a Road Rules aficionado, not really a big fan of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge. But, give me some episodes of classic Real World and I am in heaven. I've tried to watch some of the newer episodes, but it's just not the same. Maybe I'm old, or maybe my taste in television have changed, but I just can't get into the new seasons.

I was also a big fan of VH1's Behind The Music. So many heartbreaking moments were revealed in those episodes with the Jim Forbes narrations. I look at Behind the Music as a learning experience, educational television, if you will. I learned a lot of stuff watching those episodes. The stuff I have learned might serve me well in a game of Trivial Pursuit or Jeopardy! You never know.

Shockingly enough, I have never been a fan of American Idol. I know, shocking. I have only watched one episode of American Idol in all the time it has been on and that was because I was at someone else's house and they were watching the show. I just don't get into watching people make big fools of themselves. Hearing about the footage they show before they reveal the contestants for the season makes me cringe. Some people don't know they can't sing. They have no clue that these people will exploit them and have all of America laughing at them for days. It's just not right. I don't like to be embarrassed and watching other people be embarrassed is just as bad.

Oh, I have also enjoyed The Osbourne's, My Super Sweet 16, and Rich Girls. Oh, Rich Girls....you know the show with Ally Hilfiger and Jaime Gleicher. It only lasted for one season, but I was totally hooked. Perhaps this is because I have always dreamed of being a spoiled little rich girl. I would love to be well off enough to not work, spend my days hitting the gym, shopping and just being fabulous. I think I could be really successful at that. Oh, and just to prove that I'm not all self absorbed, I'd volunteer for notable worthwhile organizations. You see, I am a do-gooder at heart.

Well, I have completely gotten off track with this post, so I better get this train back on the proverbial track. This weekend, another craptastic show hits the air waves and I for one, can't wait for this one. This weekend, we get an inside look into what it's like to be a Lohan! Yes, Living Lohan premieres on E! Entertainment Television. Oh, I think I can safely say this will be craptastic television at its finest. I have been watching the previews with great interest. I love it when Dina Lohan says "I hope they're not going to edit what we really want to say." Oh, yeah, Dina, they will probably do you a favor by editing what you say because you are a trainwreck! I love it when she says in the previews, "A lion protects her cubs!" Well Dina, I don't think you've done such a good job protecting Miss Lindsay. Hopefully she can do a better job with Ali.

So, this weekend, I am going to wait with baited breath to see Living Lohan. I just hope they don't disappoint. I will also catch up with the episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians....Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: