Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Evil in the form of a cookie...


Evil in the form of a cookie.......
I was under the assumption that Trader Joe's was supposed to be all healthy and only sale food that was good for you. I realized my assumption was wrong when I started reading the labels, the way I do when I go any grocery store. Some of the stuff is no better than what I buy at Target. However, you can find some good things there and some things you can't find at places like Target. Sure it might be a little more expensive than some stores, but when I only need a few things Joe's fits the bill. Plus, I don't buy all those extra things I end up picking up when I go to Target.
Anyhow, last week I went to Joe's to pick up a few things. I was jonesin' for something sweet. I try really hard to avoid sweets because they are my downfall. I allow myself a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich, but those aren't portable and I can't put them in my lunchbox. I was tired of eating 100 calorie packs of chips ahoy. It's just not the same. I wanted a cookie.
Well, Joe had these Chocolate Chip Dunker's with chocolate on the back. Oh, it was a moment of weakness and I put them in my cart. I figured I had enough willpower to stick to the portion listed on the container. 2 cookies for 190 calories. Yeah, it was more calories than I would have liked, but it was chocolate and I got two cookies!!!
I got the cookies home, hoping they would taste like cardboard and yuck. But oh no, Joe made sure they tasted really good. Heaven in each bite. Chocolaty heaven. Joe, and your chocolaty cookies, I wish I could quit you! I ended up having to hide the cookies so I wouldn't eat them incessantly. Thankfully, they are all gone now.
Tonight I went back to visit my pal Joe. I had to walk past the Chocolate Chip Dunkers, but not before I snapped a picture of the evil cookies to remind me to not put them in my cart. Yes, I am fully aware that the crunchy granola couple looking at the Tofutti Cuties thought I was certifiable, but at least I don't smell like patchouli (to cover up the scent of Marijuana) and I bathe on a regular basis. A girl has to do what a girl has to do when it comes to avoiding those trigger foods. Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: