Sunday, May 4, 2008

Livin' Like Paris Hilton

I have found the place I want to live. It's the Conrad Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. Since I hate dealing with driving downtown, finding parking and all that stuff, I decided when I signed up for the 5K, I would stay downtown. It was a treat for me. It was my incentive to train hard and reward myself. Since I didn't sign up for the race until January, all the rooms at the less expensive hotels were all sold out. Imagine my sorrow when, oh, darn, the only place with available rooms was the Conrad. Boo hoo! The only place I could stay happened to be a fabulous, posh, luxury hotel. I was able to get a deal because I paid for my room in advance and the Conrad was offering some book via the internet incentive package. It was worth it just to avoid all the traffic on Saturday morning.
I checked in Friday afternoon and I was not disappointed in the least. The hotel staff was amazing. They addressed me as Miss Diva every time they talked to me. I felt like I was Paris' BFF! My room was fabu! The 42-inch plasma screen television was the bomb. Not to mention the fine linens on the bed, the squishy pillows and the view from the 16th floor! I felt like a princess, or at least the Diva I am. I nearly fell on the floor when I walked into the bathroom and there was a flat screen television! Yes, a television in the bathroom!!! I was all prepared to watch when I was in the tub!!
I was in sensory overload after seeing the bathroom. I figured I should go and explore the rest of the amenities. I went to the Exercise Room and had a short workout. Then, I went to the pool and took a dip. It was very relaxing. I had to sit in the hot tub, too. Since I was all chlorinated, I went back to the room and indulged in my first bath. I got back to the room just in time to watch the news from the tub!!! It doesn't take much to impress me. I soaked in the tub, took a shower and went to find some food at Circle Center. Did you really think I could avoid the Mall if I were downtown, right across the street? Uh, no!
I spent a quiet evening in my room, watching Juno on the plasma and sitting propped up in the bed with the cushy Conrad robe and squishy pillows. It was heaven. Or something really close.
When I called down for breakfast the next morning, I was pleasantly surprised when they addressed me again by my name. This place is da bomb! The schiznit. Fo' shizzle! Of course they could make me an egg white omelet. Yes, they could bring me a bucket of ice and a glass. I'd have my breakfast by 7:10. Oh, I love it when people are service oriented and want to wait on me. I so appreciate them.
After an amazing egg white omelet, I went out to the race. I think the egg white omelet aided in my amazing race time. Actually, it gave me the energy I needed to make all the training I did pay off.
I went back to the Conrad after the race and soaked my smelly body in the tub again. I watched the coverage of the race from the tub. I then showered and plopped my Diva butt in the bed, wrapped in the cushy Conrad robe and watched some craptastic television. I was going to stay until I had to check out.
I didn't want to check out, but when the 12 o'clock hour neared, I packed up my stuff and headed out. I bid adieu to my posh pad at the Conrad. I hope to go back next year and stay again. Heck, I'd just go for the weekend. Maybe I could try out for the new show "Be Paris' BFF" and then I could see if Paris could hook me up with a room at the Conrad once a month. Now that would be HOT! Until next time, Diva Divine



No comments: