Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sick and wrong....

I am trying to get my house in order. So far, I am not doing such a good job. I have only managed to make more messes. I went to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up shelf paper for my cabinets. I picked up some little organizing gadgetry for my cabinets, too. I was so excited to get things organized I came home and went right to work. The only problem, the stuff won't fit in my cabinet. Are you kidding me? The hanging basket for cups, nope. The duel shelving units, nope. The only thing that did fit was the three tiered spice rack. And really, it doesn't do all that much for me. It just keeps me from losing the little jars in the cabinet.

So, I start looking in the den and going through my shoes. I have a thirty gallon tote full of shoes and that is not the only tote I have with shoes in it. That my friends is what you call sick and wrong. No one, and I repeat, no one needs that many pairs of shoes. It was too overwhelming to deal with the shoe issue, so I had to leave the shoes for another day. Another project abandoned.

I have managed to bring in a few things from the car or the garage the past two days. I guess I will have to count that as a victory. Albeit, a small victory. I found my silverware and dish washing soap. I loaded the dishwasher last night and I have clean dishes. Of course, they are still in the dishwasher. Well, I was on a roll there for a minute.

I really could stay home and work all day and maybe get stuff in order, but that isn't really an option. I might have some time on Saturday, but I have some things planned for the afternoon and evening. I work Sunday afternoon and then it is time to go back to my real job on Monday. I leave for Massachusetts two weeks from Friday. I have to get this place in order so I can deal with my life and get myself organized. I think it might be a good idea to just throw out the boxes and start all over again. I could buy all the stuff I like that is new now and forget about the old junk. Yeah, don't really think that is such a good idea because that would get very expensive.

So, I am going back to the kitchen and I am going to try to get my stuff in order. I might end up being on the eleven o'clock news "Nonprofit worker goes postal on kitchen cabinets and rips them off walls. Film at eleven." Until next time, Diva Divine

No comments: