Friday, October 10, 2008

Give the people what they want…I’m bringin’ janky back…don’t make me have to cut you…Ginny is back, let the shillelagh hitting begin!

I know I have not been so consistent about blogging lately. I have been trying to get my apartment in order, which seems to be a losing battle. I can’t get the boxes unpacked and I am not at all motivated to get it done either. When I get home at a normal time, I want to sit down and enjoy myself. Kick off my shoes, put my feet up, watch some television, and relax. I sort of put off writing until it is too late and I have to get my large butt in bed. I have stuff I know would entertain all of you, but I’m too tired to get it out there. Then, there are times when I am busy. I make it home in time to eat dinner, shower and go to bed. Usually in that order.

So today, I got a message from Carrie Jo telling me I need to write more because “working too much is not an excuse!” Which I know was said in jest. I guess it all comes down to remembering this “Give the people what they want”, which is what I always saw right before we go out to sing at Christmas. I do some dumb little dance and clap this stupid rhythm and say “Give the people what they want!” But it’s true. You have to give the people what they want. If you want blog entries, blog entries you will get.

I also got a comment today from someone applauding my use of the word Janky! I love the word janky and all the derivatives I can invent! So, I am going to do my best at bringin’ janky back, ‘cause if Justin can bring sexy back, then I, the Diva, can bring janky back!

I am sitting at the nursing home right now and I swear some of these people want me to cut them. This one guy keeps messing up the door and I am seriously going to knock him into next week! He is a little shit, it wouldn’t take much to knock him out! The other day, some lady almost tore the door off the hinges because she wouldn’t read the sign that said “Push the red button to release the lock” or listen when I said “STOP!!!!!” When I let her in she looks at me and says “That door sticks!” No nimrod, it is locked and you have to push the red button to get in, which you would have known if you had read the sign! Here’s your sign!!!! Come to find out, she was at the wrong nursing home! That made me want to beat her even more!

This morning I used the gym at my apartment complex for the first time. I figured no one would be there, but I was wrong. I walked up to the door and put my key in and I could hear the television…outside. This guy had the television up so loud, you could hear it OUTSIDE!!! WTF? Are you deaf or something? I nearly went deaf just walking in. The volume was up so loud, I couldn’t ask him to turn it down because he wouldn’t have heard me. It was awful. I put my iPod on and tried to drown it out, but it was so loud, that was impossible. Deaf Boy finally left, but before he did, he asked me (over the blaring television) if I wanted to keep the television on? HUH? WHAT DID YOU SAY? NO, TURN IT OFF!! Hell, just turn it down so I can hear again. I should have cut him! Dumb, deaf ass boy!

Ginny has been in Ireland. I sent her a text and told her I wanted a shillelagh. So, she is bringing me back a shillelagh I can use to hit people. I can’t wait! Shillelagh law rules!!!!! I will take the shillelagh with me to the nursing home and hit people who can’t read the sign on the door. That sounds like a plan!! Until next time, Diva Divine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you my sweet Diva!!!! you rock...thank goodness you still find time to shower, don't want your janky ass stinkin up the new apartment.
Carrie Jo