Monday, October 13, 2008

Bring on the noise, leave out the funk

I just got home from the gym. I should be in the shower, but I had to write about this while it was still fresh in my mind. I get to the gym this morning, all ready to listen to some tunes on my iPod. I get my headphones on, loop them through my shirt and down my arm, plug them into my iPod and.... Nothing!!!! I make sure it's not in the "hold" position. No, it's on. I hit the menu button again. NOTHING! I do everything I know, but still NOTHING. I left my headphones on because I figure it would keep some of the noise out from people who just talk and don't workout.

I went back to stretch out after my warm up. I came back to do some cardio when I catch a whiff of some shittastic funk. Seriously, it was so foul I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit. I know I smell something fierce when I get done with my workout, but when I get to the gym, I don't smell too bad. This person brought that funk with them. That was left over from the weekend funk. That was I don't shower and then I come and sweat funk. Yuck! Leave that funk at home. Nobody wants to smell that funk.

I have to get my funktastic self in the shower so I can get to work and not take my funk with me. No, I am not going to go to work and smell all funky and jank the place up! No, I am a clean Diva! Until next time, Keep the noise, and leave the funk! Diva Divine

Update: I forgot to tell you all I had to listen to Boy George this morning at the gym. Seriously, Boy effing George at 6:10 in the morning, that is just torture. Come on people take him off the playlist! Sorry to offend any BG fans out there, but BG not my cup of tea. And just to let you all know, my iPod battery died. Probably from getting switched on in my purse and playing since, ummm, Saturday. I am charging it up so I can rock out tomorrow. TTFN, DD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diva,
You crack me up! Made me think back to 1995 and those fun filled night back at Elsie. Jessica, Amanda, and I were so free-spirited back then, and totally did overload a blender or two in pre-party mode. I want to know who's sloshed susy, liquored up luck and buzzed bambi of our pledge class?
Carrie JO
PS- I am glad you are not so snarky sometime, kuddos on the running shoes!